Welcome to the
38020 Meridian Ave
Dade City, FL 33525
Phone: (352) 523-5050
Fax: (352) 521-1498
Mike Barthle, Certified Building Official - Ext. 414
Sarah Perez, Permit Tech / Safety Service Coordinator- Ext. 412
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
** We are closed for lunch from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm **
We do not process payments after 4:30 pm, but we will still accept drop offs until 5:00 pm.
The Building Division is responsible for ensuring the protection of safety, health & general welfare of the public through adequate building permits and inspections. The City enforces the Florida Building Code and City Ordinances while reviewing all application.
The City of Dade City is in a local agreement with the City of San Antonio & the City of Saint Leo Jurisdiction. We issue their building permits, however you will still need to get an approval from the correct city first. Once approved, we will then be able to accept your application.
Pasco County Property Appraiser
Unsure if your property falls within our jurisdiction? Click the link above, enter the project address and it will list the jurisdiction. We only service the City of Dade City, City of San Antonio & City of Saint Leo.
Applying for a permit
Listed below are all the documents you may or may not need for applying for a permit. If you have any questions please contact our office.
- Permit Application
- Site Plan
- Roofing Affidavit
- Pasco County Notice of Commencement
- Owner Disclosure Statement
Applying for a permit online
At this time we are only accepting online permit applications for: A/C change out, re-roof, door & window change out, garage door, low voltage, tree removal, and water heater replacement.
- Select “Permit Application Request”
- You must sign up with Google, Facebook or create an account with Iworq.
- Fill out the application and upload the proper documents for what the permit calls for.
- If you are a contractor pulling the permit and need to update you contractor information or register your company for the first time, you can upload that information through this application as well. Or you can email us at Sperez@dadecityfl.com , Ecordoba@dadecityfl.com or fax us at 352-521-1498.
After submittal we will review and process your application. Once approved we will notify you with a Permit number to pay online. Once payment has been made we will email you your building permit.
NOTE: This application does not guarantee that a permit will be issued. You may not start work until the application has been processed, payment has been made and the permit is issued. Starting work prior to the issuance of the permit will result in penalties and fees.
This payment link only applies to permits submitted as of October 1, 2018 and are residential permits.
- Search your permit number or best criteria
- Select "View"
- You should be able to see your fees and it will guide you to a payment screen.
There is no deadline for renewing your contractor registration. You may update at your convenience; however, all required items must be current to conduct business in the City of Dade City, San Antonio & Saint Leo. It is the contractor’s responsibility to provide proof of any documents prior to expiration. These documents can be email, mailed, faxed or dropped off in person.
This feature is only for permits pulled as of October 1, 2018. Any permits pulled or submitted before then will have to email, call or fax in a request.
- You must have a contractor access code to be able to request or view inspection results.
- Search your permit number or best criteria
- Fill out your request to its entirety.
- If the request is approved you will be able to come back to this screen and “View” your request and scheduled date. *Note if you requested a specific time frame, we cannot always guarantee that time*
- If the request was denied we will contact the number or email that was submitted during the request.
You can call, email or fax in a request. Inspection request are done the next business day unless received by 8:30 am the day of or if requested for a future date. Inspection request should include the following:
- Permit number
- Job site location
- Type of inspections
- Date requested for inspection
- Contact name & phone number
- Misc (gate lock #, permit card location,time frame)
For information regarding building permits, or if you need Building Permit Record requests/or Code Enforcement requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Be advised any request can take up to 5 business days and are answered in the order they are received.