Group 3, 4 and Group 5 seats are up for re-election in 2020
- The Supervisor of Elections offers to all municipalities in Pasco County the assistance of this office for municipal elections. Although, by Florida Statute, the City Clerk is the elections official, this office is willing to perform all election related tasks with the exception of candidate qualifying for each city. Ballot layout and preparation, vote by mail balloting, poll worker training, and ballot tabulation are just a few of the services provided.
- Persons who would seek to qualify for election in Dade City may contact the city clerk, Angie Guy at email@example.com, by phone at 352-523-5052 or in person at 38020 Meridian Avenue to obtain hard copies of all qualifying and informational documents.
- Each municipality has its own charter which governs the requirements for becoming a candidate. Prospective candidates should consult with their respective city clerk well in advance of the qualifying dates to learn about those requirements. Click Here to view Charter Chapter 34
- Qualifying begins on the second Tuesday in February ( February 11, 2020) at 12:00 Noon and runs through the third Tuesday in February ( February 18, 2020) at 12:00 Noon.
- There is a Qualifying Fee of $25.00.
Election Assessment fee of $36.00 which is 1% of annual salary of office sought is required.
- The following Three forms may be received at any time.
Certificate of Eligibility per City Charter - Section 2.02 Eligibility
Appointment of Campaign Treasurer DS-SE 9
Statement of Candidate DS-DE 84
The following forms cannot be accepted until qualifying period begins:
Candidate Oath (Non Partisan Office) DS-DE 302NP
Form 1 Statement
Acknowledgement of Electronic Filing
Affidavit of Undue Burden Section 99.097(4) Florida Statutes - If applicable
Contributions Returned DS-DE2 - If applicable
Candidate Petition - 20 Required
The following documents are included in the candidate package, but do not need to be returned to the City Clerk:
Notice Of Public Test
Calendar of Reporting Dates
Copy of Resolution Establishing Electronic Filing
Section 106.075, Florida Statues
Chapter 106 Election Laws
2020 Municipal Candidate Guide
Pasco County Vote-By-Mail Ballot Information Request Form