The Dade City Police Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, religion or any other legally-protected status.
An employment application form may be obtained at City Hall, located at 38020 Meridian Avenue, or at the Dade City Police Department, located at 38030 Meridian Avenue. Applications may also be downloaded at the link provided below.
All applications must be returned to City of Dade City, Human Resources.
Process for Employment of Police Officers
To speak with a recruiter, contact:
Captain Robert Tungate
352-521-1495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a sworn officer on our team of law enforcement professionals, applicants must observe the following process for employment:
- Meet the minimum qualifications established in Florida Statutes 943.13;
- Complete the required training pursuant to 11B-35, F.A.C.;
- Pass the State Officer Certification Examination (SOCE) pursuant 11B-30, F.A.C.
The Dade City Police Department is always accepting applications from quality individuals who have completed the above steps.
Upon completion of the application, the Department will conduct a thorough background investigation to determine applicant's character, qualifications, and fitness for duty.
Subsequent steps include:
- Oral review board;
- Polygraph examination;
- Psychological examination;
- Physical examination;
- Drug screen;
- Interview with the Chief of Police
Applicants offered a position will also be required to complete:
- Two Weeks orientation;
- Field Training Officer program;
- Twelve Month probationary period